LED Bulb Sockets Halogen Socket Wire Leads Screw

MR16 G5.3 light bulb socket with 15cm cord


LED Light Bulb Sockets type MR16 G4 MR11 G5.3 GU10:

E12 LED and E14 LED light bulb lamp holders are typical of LED chandelier and LED night lights. JAMES Light offers several types of LED candelabra LED bulbs including clear lens, frosted lens and LED torpedo lamps and LED flame light. Available in wattages that replace from 15W to 40W.

E12 LED bulb lamp holder is slight smaller screw-in lamp holder than then E14 screw-in lamp holder. Often used in LED chandeliers retro fits and as energy efficient alternatives to night lights. The E12 LED and E14 LED lamps are also known as LED flame bulbs and LED torpedo bulbs.




GU10 LED Bulbs are characterized by having a 2-pin light bulb lamp holder that inserts-and-twists into the socket. The bi-pin GU10 LED light bulbs have pins that are 10mm apart. JAMES Light LED Lighting offers several forms of LED GU10 lightbulbs including dimming LED GU10 bulbs and GU10 LED spot lights.

MR16 LED lamp holders are available in the standard two pin GU5.3 bi-pin lamp holder as well as the E27 LED medium screw lamp holder. The products shown here are all the GU5.3 bi-pin lamp holder type, for other 2-inch diameter LED light bulbs please refer to the E26 & E27 LED section of the site. There you will find R20 and PAR20 bulbs that have similar shapes to MR16 LED lights but have an E26 or E27 LED lamp holder type.




Socket adapters enable light bulbs to be fitted to lamps or other light fixtures that are built with sockets of varying sizes. These adapters essentially work as interim sockets that, once screwed into a fixture’s own socket, allow for such fixtures to use either larger or smaller light bulbs than what they have been built to hold.

After the specific lamp has been selected, the next step is to check the lamp’s mounting base. The lamps most commonly used in the hobby are single-ended, with a screw-type mounting base. The size of the base and the threads is also described by a code, although names are more commonly used. For example, Base – E39 is commonly called a mogul base.

European lamps also have a mogul base, but it is slightly different from the E-39 and is called E40.

The differences are small enough that the E40 base lamps will work fine in the typical E39 mogul base used in the U.S. Double-ended 150-watt lamps use the RSC (RX7s) base, while the 250-watt double-ended lamps use the Fc2 base. Figure 3 shows the various shapes and configurations of lamps and bases, along with the restrictions on their various operating positions.